Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Next Chapter

Here were last weekend's selections...
Friday night was this very nice Santa Helena Reserva Carmenere.
In trying to find some info for this post, I found this article that was very interesting to me. It compares Carmenere with a Malbec...another South American I really enjoy.
It had an aroma of black cherry...a deep purple colour...and for lack of a better word was just plain ENJOYABLE! Right now PA has it for $9.49...which makes it a great value to me. I need to get more to add to my stash!
I first discovered Carmenere several years ago...and have tried to get the word to others.
I was quite happy with this purchase.
THIS ONE ON THE OTHER HAND
was an extreme disappointment. I have loved all the Peachy Canyon products I had...but this one was not much more than red water...which gave one a buzz after some glasses. Granted, at $13.99, it is priced far below their other wines but....of course, to read THEIR it sounds fantastic! It was a very weak Zinfandel

I'm not sure what this weekend will bring but I did get my wineaccessmonthly.com shipment on Monday. I think I'll put a red from there along with this month's white.

Cheers All!





2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Carmenere! I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, just found your new blog about wine.

    please remind me via email tomorrow, that I have actually found it!

    kinda forget all this stuff, what with jet lag, and a good slug of wine tonight before and during dinner! Jet lag is doing my head in, fall asleep at 3 pm, like a baby, for a few hrs, but then go to sleep at 11 pm, and wake up at 2 am ready to party.

    I guess 23 hours to Australia, and back, in two weeks, is kinda daunting for the body clock, although this morning could have slept on for hours!

    Husband woke me up flicking cold water at me..........

    Tonight we have had some rather wonderful New Zealand wine which was on special offer in our local supermarket, I will look at the label later and let you know what it was, but it was goooooooooooood!

    lotsaluv, Jeannie xxxxxxxxx With Khyra Sized Glasses in her hot little hand!

    ReplyDelete