Tuesday, April 27, 2010

B Is For

Today is one of 'those' days for me to recall - 19 years ago I did something I probably shouldn't have done but I did - just another one of my things happen for reasons and such -
I got married - 3pm - the time I set this post to post - I settled - something I don't intend to do ever again in my life - I've since learned what love is and what it should feel like and be like -
B is for Billy Joel and Bob Dylan - B is also for a bottle of something nice tonight to 'celebrate' the journey to here from there - for those along the way with me - for those I've met on the journey as well -

The first Billy Joel song was of course the one chosen for that traditional crap of first dance during our reception - I've also included a few other Billy Joel songs from Turnstiles - one of my favourite Billy Joel albums - I was actually supposed to see him in Hershey years ago but TMI happened and the concert got postponed/cancelled -

I've also included another B - Bob Dylan's Tangled up in Blue - one of the big memory songs that is telling of my life since I got the strength to leave - along with two Uncle Tupelo songs that also very much of a part of what I am now -

Not forever - just for now - and of course, we are all looking for a life worth livin' -

To those of you that have helped get me here and keep me here: THANKS!

I think the next post will be D Is For ;-)








3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! I love Billy Joel and always have. I just saw him last year at Mohegan Sun, WOW, he can stay play the piano like no one else! I hope you a nice night!
    xxoo
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, awesome awesome songs! Thanks for sharing the videos with us...it's always amazing to see Billy Joel perform! *grins*

    I'm sure you'll be able to find that life worth living for...if not now, very soon! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Billy Joel - I've seen him live and he's wonderful. Bob Dylan can't sing :) Happy antiversary!

    ReplyDelete