John is so when of those singer/songwriter talents that are underappreciated/recognised - thankfully my friend S turned me onto John - although I had heard of him I can't say I had really heard him - and I was soon hooked -
I've pulled more than a few of his tunes from YouTube - some are of him - some are him with Iris Dement - I really wanted to find a version of "Angel From Montgomery" with Bonnie Raitt but couldn't find any I cared to use - many people think it is her song but it really is John's - the last one I'll share is one I so lucked into as I tried to find "Some Humans Ain't Human" - as you watch it, you'll see why I was smiling as I watched it! The last one I've included reminds me I need to do a 'B Is For' for Blaze Foley! - and listen to my Lucinda Williams 'Drunken Angel' track!
My wine of the evening was my last bottle from my Peachy Canyon wine club - although mine was the 2006 - I was in their club for several years until the PA Wine Nazis loophole snagged me/them - I really did enjoy the wines I got from them - plus, I had hoped to be able to enjoy some of the wines a MySpace aquaintance would have been part of - Linda joined Peachy Canyon as an assistant winemaker a few years ago - oh well, for a reason as I say - and yes, tonight's wine is quite tasty!
Cheers to all on this holiday weekend here - please be safe and give thought to the reason for the holiday - it isn't just to 'start summer'
Is that your crew in the "some humans ain't human"? I've always loved John Prine and now this has moved me to download all my faves to the Pod. Thanks for reminding me.
ReplyDeleteSo, what's the law in PA for wine shipments?
This is a special weekend for sure. Lost many a friend in Vietnam. How sad we keep making the same mistakes decade after decade.
You are always introducing me to singers I haven't heard of before.
ReplyDelete