Sunday, July 17, 2011

R Is For

R is for Random...but with a method to the madness!



The VERY first time, I heard this song in 2005, I melted - and I sent it to a special someone - it still moves me beyond words




And for those that didn't know, Chip Taylor is a certain Midnight Cowboy actor's brother -




This SO makes you feel what Lucinda is expressing in the lyrics - so raw - so torn - so hurt and letdown -











The Grass Roots songs are in honour of Rob Grill's passing earlier this week - I KNOW there are some GR 45's in my collection - and I grew up hearing alternate lyrics for this station in Philadelphia - WFIL - those were the days - oh wait, that's another song!



I hadn't blogged for a bit - I'd meant to but didn't get here - I guess I should kick Khyra off the laptop -

I've survived six months plus of employment at The Great Kibble Provider as I term it on Khyra's blog - things seem to be going reasonably well - some days are WILD and some days are wild - with some being crazy and some being CRAZY - but all in all - when I weigh the good and bad, it feels right - especially given some of the extra special things I could not have predicted this time last year - or even this time last Fall - some benefits don't make it to the posting -


I think I'll keep playing the bad hand Life dealt me -

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes what we think is the bad hand is really a good one...Good to see you. Always enjoy your music posts.

    ReplyDelete