Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Due To Popular Demand...

I'll get this party started!
I decided to use this medium as a way to try and recall the wines I've had.
I used to be quite good at tasting a wine and jotting down some thoughts on it. I've gotten away from that. I'm hoping THIS will assist me in doing that again.
A night or two before I decided to try my hands at THIS for tracking my wines, I had an Australian wine in honour of a certain Marvin's mum who was visiting Opy and Charlie Down Under. I had one of my remaining Molly Dooker Two Left Feet. My state doesn't have the most friendly of wine purchase policies. In fact, I refer to it as a Gestapo State when it comes to alcohol purchases. They do have some decent buying power but there are lots of items we can't get. Sometimes they can be obtained by going the SLO route BUT that often requires a case purchase.
A few years back, they made a great buy on various Molly Dooker products. I picked up some Two Left Feet and The Boxer. How I wish I had snatched up more!
Eventually, I splurged and treated myself to a Blue Eyed Boy, The Maitre D, and the most special one Enchanted Path.
I was lucky enough to share the Enchanted Path with a friend on a very, very special night. It was the most expensive wine I had ever purchased for myself but it was so worth it! It certainly contributed to a very memorable time.
I intend to treat myself to another Molly Dooker SOMETHING soon!
******
I am lucky in that PA does offer a wine club "The Wine Connection" that offers various levels and 'colours' of wine. It gives me a chance to try things I might not have access to. I get one red and one white per month.
I am also a member of a club via WineAccess.Com (WineAccessMonthly).
PA is among states they can ship to - woohoo! I've gotten some very good items from them. I get three reds and one white through this one.
Here are the last four wines I've had. Since I'm attempting to get back in the habit of making some observations as I consume and enjoy, these four don't have any. I will include the info from the winery and/or club. Since I had a Pinot Grigio and a Pinot Gris available, I decided to have them one weekend.
The Pinot Grigio came from my WineAccessMonthly Club
And this one came from my February PA shipment. I preferred the Carabella
I would buy that one again.
The other one didn't do much for me that night. Of course, that could change if I were to have it again.

This past weekend, I decided to have a red for Friday
That one came from my WineAccess shipment
I enjoyed this one a lot. I do enjoy Syrahs/Shiraz very much. They are among my favourite reds.

Here is Saturday's night's white
Here is one link for it...I can't find a winery link that is working right now.

It was nice in that it was more like a Sauvignon Blanc than a buttery/oaky Chardonnay.

Aside from bitching about PA's wine rules, I guess no real whining this time! I did have to drop out of a Peachy Canyon Winery club. They couldn't find anyone that would ship it to PA any more. I could have had it shipped to a state where I had a friend who could ship it to me. Well, I didn't want to go to that extreme. I really enjoyed their wines BUT I can get them 'here'.
AND there are quite a few wineries in my area. I guess I'll just need to get out and visit them!

I'll admit it was quite a challenge NOT to write this in Khyraese!

I don't know how oftern I'll get here to post because it soooo took time to get started. I just KNOW Khyra's Google Reader is backing up BUT I decided to make a start at this!

Cheers!

Phyll

4 comments:

  1. I've heard that PA has some weird rules about alcohol. Lucky I don't live there! I'm looking forward to the updates on this blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job. I know nothing about wine so maybe this will a tool for my education.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of good info here ... I may actually learn about wine now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, Phil, I have found you again, even after imbibing my wine last night, quite the sobersides this morning, and tracked your blog down.

    I was interested to read about PA being so restrictive with wine, an issue I was unaware of, when you get time could you expand on this info, just out of pure interest for me anyhow.

    You know me, from the Aussie Blog, all kinds of odd things fascinate me totally! I have an enquiring mind it seems! ;0)

    I notice you like Shiraz, I adore Shiraz, we get lots of variety in wine purchasing here in the UK, supermarkets, wine stores, you name it. A huge variety is available. And really not too expensive. I adore South African Shiraz.

    Well, now I have found you, I must put a link of Marvin's to your Wine Fest Blog, so I can keep up with your Left Feet.

    love from Jeannie xx Marvin's Mum.

    ReplyDelete