I've collected some writings from over the years - I go through spells where I write to vent and vent to write. I've not really shared these too many places but I think 'here' is a fitting and proper venue.
I'll probaby dust off more of them going forward...maybe it will even encourage me to write again. It is a shame to keep them shut away in an electronic folder somewhere!
Maybe I'll do THIS for MY Wordy Wednesday...
Hearing Something in the Silence
04/06/05
padh
Without even uttering a sound,
I can tell you're done wantin' me around
Without even murmuring my name,
I can tell you don't feel the same
Without telling me it's alright,
I can feel you no longer want to hold me tight
And without saying you love me too
I can't seem to stop feeling fucking blue
I keep hearing something in the silence
And it's shit I don't want to hear
I keep hearing something in the silence
All the stuff I had always come to fear
Without your arms around me
To let me know we are still we
Without your hand in mine
Sharing what I'd never expected to find
Without your lips on my face
Your love I can never replace
And without you in our bed
I feel like I've been kicked in the head
I keep hearing something in the silence
The words she said to me
I keep hearing something in the silence
That I should just let you both be
Cheers
Phyll
I'm going to look forward to Wordy Wednesday here.
ReplyDeleteoh I enjoyed reading this very much (being a great lover of writing and words myself) - I think you wrote it from the heart too.
ReplyDeleteBittersweet?
Thank you for sharing. I may join in with Wordy Wednesday at some time in the future, if that's ok?
Love from Letty ;0)