Tuesday, March 2, 2010

O Is For

O is for Ode for a friend...

Dear Old Friend:

I'd posed the question 'here' before about you - mentioned how disappointed I was in you - how once upon a time we shared a lot - good and bad - I mean, I was the one you felt comfortable calling the night you and your wife finally had the fight that did it for the two of you -

You had been living separate lives in the same house for some time but -

It has been too long since we've talked or seen each other yet at one point in my life, I never thought there would be a time without you in it in a sense - I know I told you I knew you better than you knew yourself - you even agreed but -

I swallowed my hurt feelings and pride and emailed you birthday greetings last June -

And since once upon a time, we always exchanged 'something' on holidays, I sent a hi on Thanksgiving -

That went unacknowledged - so, I'll close my chapter on you come June 12th - I'll wish you a happy life - you did help me find mine - and I really thought I had helped you along as well - yet now I don't know -

I do have you to thank for introducing me to Keb' Mo' - and for that I thank you -

For Keb' Mo' sang it best in this song of his: One Friend


Check your in box on June 12th - I need some closure - even Khyra and Merdie wonder how you are doing -

1 comment:

  1. I had a friend like that. And I occasionally wonder where she is now. But then I give up, because it was her decision to abandon our friendship suddenly. I still have no idea why.

    ReplyDelete