Wednesday, August 11, 2010

N Is For

N is Nickelback...

I can't imbed this one - but it is THE one I have to use to start the post -

Never Again

BUT then I found one I could imbed



Then I went for some other Nickelback songs that are in my head from some of their earlier releases




Another N - another Canadian N at that would be

NEIL YOUNG




I could keep going and going with Neil Young songs but I'll save some for another time - coincidentally, I saw CSNY on August 25, 2006 - the night before I made 'Whitney' a part of my life - it was an awesome show in Hershey - I think they played for 3+ hours - it was quite a magical night!

As for ANOTHER N: I did pick up Natalie Merchant's recent release - I kept seeing it show up on many of the top lists of those on my FolkDJ ListServ - with some saying that early in the year they already had their Top Album - I just haven't had the chance to devote and dedicate some time to listening to it - Leave Your Sleep will be on my 'to do' list in the coming days - I know I was hedging on it - and then I read this link from The New York Times - I was sold

I'll admit the past week has been a blur for me - I've been so touched and haunted by Bear-Bear's murder - I'm not sure I recall something that so grabbed me - and made me want to fight scream kick yell REPEAT as what happened to Bear-Bear

Khyra and I have blogged about it - I've ranted about it on this past weekend's transport - but I still feel like I should do more - could do more -

I know I'm not alone in seeing him when we go to bed - and then wake up - feeling like we need to do SOMETHING -

He was failed twice in his young life by UNhumans - we won't fail him again -

I really am trying to get 'here' more often - it helps me - and I hope it helps you as well -

1 comment:

  1. I am not sure that you could do a lot more - you have done so much already.

    ReplyDelete