Thursday, November 11, 2010

J Is For

J is for Jude Cole - each time I listen to the Jude Cole stuff I have I wonder why I don't listen more -

I can't embed this one but I'll start off with 'START THE CAR' nor can I embed this one - record companies are such spoilsports - 'TIME FOR LETTING GO'

Here are some I can embed:





I found a CNN interview:



Another J would be Jules Shear - a great songwriter -and underappreciated - I recall when I made Boots of Chinese Plastic one of the featured songs on MY myspace page, he actually dropped me a message about the song -










This post certainly took a retro and flashback bend! It also helped remind me of some more J's to share in the future - but he is one with some hints of an other -




Part of the reason I chose Jude Cole was his Start The Car - because come next Monday, that is exactly what Khyra and I will be doing - although in our case, the car is actually a SUV - we are heading on a roadtrip! Then I remember Jules Shear - and then Joe Satriani when I saw the duet with JS -

It was kind of coincidentally smile inspiring to hear Jude was from IL - which is where the first night of our trip will find us - needed to break up the miles between PA and MN at some point -

This is going to be so much fun - and probably so what we need - other than the weekend dog transports, I've not done any driving for me since a whirlwind trip to Columbus in March of 2005 - I will never forget that one - left York at 12n Saturday - hit every weather condition possible save for grasshoppers on the way out - hit Columbus by 6pm - had my first Ethiopian food for dinner - enjoyed a helluva show by six friends at The Shisha Lounge - hit the road back to York about 3am -

After our time in MN, we head to IA - so looking forward to that - and so is Khyra - then an overnight in IN to break up the trip back to PA in time to be off the roads before the Thanksgiving frenzy hits -

So, that's our story!

2 comments:

  1. Okay so that explains Khyra's post. I must have missed something. Any particular reason for the trip, or just because?

    ReplyDelete