Monday, February 14, 2011

B Is For

B is for Bread - yes, I can hear the groans from around the world - but it is true -

I've been working on trying to post - I even have ideas scribbled on the scratch paper next to the laptop - and some links saved in notepad document but just didn't find the time or inspiration -

But as I travelled to Hagerstown Sunday morning I heard a Bread song that made me go yes: B will be for Bread on a post -

I know if I go up to my old bedroom here and peruse the albums in the crates in the corner I'll find more than a few Bread albums - and I do have this one on CD - and as I pulled up the link from Amazon I found myself shaking my head at the songs - such memories from those years for me -

This isn't the one I heard on XPN Sunday morning but it is the first one to catch my eye when venturing to YouTube for some Bread songs to share - the title has quite some meaning to me -










THIS is the one they played that made me decide to post some Bread - oh how true these words were and are -



Of course, there is this harder edged Bread song - love it!



I had to include this David Gates song - it was the theme song to a favourite Neil Simon play inspired movie - I had it on 45 and played it and played it and played it -




I'll admit I watched The Grammys Sunday night - I really kind of had them on in the background but did enjoy some of it - and although this is not a B artist, I just had to include it here - being Valentines Day and all - I think I've shared it here before but it is surely one of those songs we've all thought about and some point - and if you say you haven't, I think you are fibbing -



This week should find my pre-ordered copy of another B - Bright Eyes - in my mailbox - I'm looking forward to it since it sounds more like his release that I played over and over after a special friend burned a copy for me - from there, my music collection filled with Bright Eyes or Conor Oberst - with this one being another one of THOSE songs that I'll never tire of - because it is so the truth - I've shared it before but I just need to do it again - with thanks to my guitar man -



I am still excited about my Lucinda Williams pre-order due next month - especially since I saw on her FB page if I sent proof of a pre-order I would receive two unreleased tracks - I sent off my Amazon confirmation and got an email with the details!

As for the job, it is going well - I so enjoy the four day schedule - and the awesome commute - I mean most evenings I'm home in TEN minutes!

Thanks again for all the support during those long long months when I really began to doubt if I would ever work again -

BTW, the wine for this woman tonight was this past favourite - nice to see it is still a good drink - it made up for Saturday night's disappointing Tempranillo -

Cheers!

P.S. Okay - another B - just had to include this OTHER B - another guilty pleasure from that time period of the mid 70's -



Now I am done!

3 comments:

  1. Evergreen is one of the Best songs ever. I love it. I quite like the Lady Antebellum song too, but I'm afraid Bread is not quite to my taste. Glad the job is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Never really liked bread that much - but actually enjoyed listening to some of these (and making Partner play guess the band :D ). Must have taken you ages to put up all these links.

    And ...

    ..Thanks for making the time to look at my new blog Every pic.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. forgot to say - thought you had started making bread when I first started reading the post :)

    ReplyDelete