Monday, May 16, 2011

T Is For

Transport....trip...tunes...things...

I was inspired during Sunday's double transport day - I was going to share the first two I had heard that got me going - in fact, I SO rocked the ride into Merryland by doing my best Ann Wilson imitation - I'll make that part of my next post - but I couldn't help but think the entire time that Khyra would find fault with the spelling of the song -

ANYWAY, on the way to my morning fuel stop, I heard the promo on XPN.org for their feature later in the day when they would repeat a segment with The Civil Wars - I was looking forward to catching it as I knew I'd still be on the road finishing up the second run for the day - PLUS, I had read such great comments about them on a recent post by Amy Speace - now having heard the interview - and their explanation of the song I'm including the video for - I'm hooked -



It was an incredible hour of music I heard as part of my ride back from Harrisburg - they talked with Allison Kraus - featured the Paper Airplane track I had shared on my most recent post - and they were also doing some 'where are they now' segments - including an artist and a song that made so much sense as the skies had opened up on us as we completed the transfer of Beth and Woodstock - I will share THAT song and group in the days ahead -

I saw on XPN's 'Artist to Watch' page - the one I've included above - that The Civil Wars had been on Mountain Stage - with that segment archived here -

Now off to enjoy some more of their works!

I know I had thought B would be part of the next post - but as Dwight sang, 'Baby, things change!





Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment