
Carl Roy Cabernet Sauvignon - this was Friday night's beverage - it was another of my Wine Access Monthly shipment - it looks like it was from December 08 - and just hadn't made it to my glass until now- nice choice - and I even lifted a toast to a friend's son Chris - it was his birthday!
Caitlin Cary and Thad Cockrell - their 2005 release Begonias was/is a favourite of mine - in looking over the tracks as I decided which to select for here, I had a difficult time - I chose Two Different Things - it is the opening track and sets the tone for how good the album is - I could have easily pulled off every track for here!
Chris Isaak - oh yes - Chris Isaak - and I will include two of his songs here - Baby Did a Bad Bad Thing and Wicked Game -
Coffee - my morning adult beverage - anything but decaf - light sugar with extra half and half - pretty much any type - not a huge fan of flavoured ones save for GOOD hazelnut products -
Closure - yes, closure - on many levels for many reasons - I wrote a few weeks back how I was wondering about a friend and pondering whether or not I should write again - well, I did - sent Thanksgiving greetings - hoping he was doing well - with no reply - THAT was enough for me - I'll take it on the chin - same with some other aspects of my life - chalk it up to lessons learned and yes, some emotions were burned. Some of it makes me think of a song a friend wrote for me about my walls - protective ramparts to the sky - wondering if I can fly above them. The month ahead is going to be a tough time for me - the holidays are never easy - again, on many levels for many reasons.
Wish me luck - I'm going to need some.
Okay, I wish you lots of luck.
ReplyDeleteAbout that friend: it's his loss.
two of my fav CI tunes.
ReplyDeleteWas cautioned many, many moons ago to never buy flavored coffee beans. They use flavoring to mask cheap, nasty beans. That philosophy can be applied to many things.
p.s. you missed a very important "C"
p.s.2 woo can always hide here