Thursday, October 1, 2009

Time To Turn

The calendars to October -


It has always been a favourite month of mine with the cooler temperatures BUT I'll admit I don't like the earlier approach of nightfall -


But October took on a whole new meaning for me five years ago -


Fate, kismet, and serendipity united to allow for a friendship that changed my life in a way I never really saw happening -


The friendship made it possible to feel strong enough to get out of a challenging marital/relationship situation -


The friendship made it possible to reunite with my family -


The friendship made it possible for Khyra to happen - and because of Khyra, my life gets to take many interesting trails -


The friendship has taught me never to just settle again -


Most of all, the friendship made me understand the true meaning of the word love and the power of a hug -


The reality of life has thrown some challenges at all of us over the past five years - but I think we are all doing our best to survive -


Enough introspection for this post - but I reserve the right for more later this month!


Here is some music to share

Uncle Tupelo Graveyard Shift

Lucinda Williams Right In Time

Red Hot Chili Peppers Under The Bridge

Bob Dylan Tangled Up In Blue


And as I put this together, The Phillies clinched their division so I say


CHEERS!

2 comments:

  1. Having a friend who can make all that happen is worth most of the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about earlier nightfall!

    ReplyDelete