The wine above was dinner last night. I just didn't feel like food given the mood of the week as well as news I got from a friend Tuesday afternoon. I even went to the store hoping for something to call to me - it didn't so I took THAT as a sign I really didn't need any solid food.It helped.
Now to our regularly scheduled Wednesday feature:
Captured Heart
I didn't mean for it to happen
Yes, I knew it was wrong
Yet somehow it seemed so right
To have discovered something so strong
Sometimes I wish could stop it
And make it easier for you
Allow myself to leave your life
After all I've put you through
You didn't mean for it to happen
With all the changes it would bring
Yet you couldn't stop from feeling
The very same thing
What you found had saved your life
Or so you often said
That what I've brought to you
Had filled your heart and your head
We didn't mean for it to happen
Capturing each other's heart
Finding a love so everlasting
Yet an emptiness so vast when we're apart
What we've been through together
Has forced us to survive
It certainly hasn't been easy
But at least we're still alive
Once a heart has been captured
It can't be just released
For the bond that has been created
Allows two souls to find some peace
I never regret that is has happened
Despite the pain I sometimes feel
I hope you echo these words
For we are the real deal
A love to last forever
Although it is often tried
By those that just don't understand
Who will never see our side
We started out looking for something
But ended up capturing a heart
Our lives have been changed forever
And we will not be pulled apart
Started 4/29/05
Finished 5/01/2005
PadH
More from the past.
It has been a rough week given what has happened with Laska. I hadn't resorted to pouring mid-week as I first staged this post but it happened as the start of this post indicated. I did an edit around 9pm.
Thanks to all that have helped with their words of support...it is all so frustrating in that I'm not quite close enough to physically be there to help and we so want to.
I didn't mean for it to happen
Yes, I knew it was wrong
Yet somehow it seemed so right
To have discovered something so strong
Sometimes I wish could stop it
And make it easier for you
Allow myself to leave your life
After all I've put you through
You didn't mean for it to happen
With all the changes it would bring
Yet you couldn't stop from feeling
The very same thing
What you found had saved your life
Or so you often said
That what I've brought to you
Had filled your heart and your head
We didn't mean for it to happen
Capturing each other's heart
Finding a love so everlasting
Yet an emptiness so vast when we're apart
What we've been through together
Has forced us to survive
It certainly hasn't been easy
But at least we're still alive
Once a heart has been captured
It can't be just released
For the bond that has been created
Allows two souls to find some peace
I never regret that is has happened
Despite the pain I sometimes feel
I hope you echo these words
For we are the real deal
A love to last forever
Although it is often tried
By those that just don't understand
Who will never see our side
We started out looking for something
But ended up capturing a heart
Our lives have been changed forever
And we will not be pulled apart
Started 4/29/05
Finished 5/01/2005
PadH
More from the past.
It has been a rough week given what has happened with Laska. I hadn't resorted to pouring mid-week as I first staged this post but it happened as the start of this post indicated. I did an edit around 9pm.
Thanks to all that have helped with their words of support...it is all so frustrating in that I'm not quite close enough to physically be there to help and we so want to.
No comments:
Post a Comment