Thursday, December 17, 2009

L Is For

Looking...

Listening...

Lucinda Williams...



I got to thinking about Kyrye's sign -

Looking back, I think she sent it in 'furson' as we say -

When I spent a bit of time with her Sunday evening after my transport, she was really 'gone' then - only her furry shell was there -

I believe she had already headed to check out things -

Once she found them to her liking, she came back to reclaim her body -

And in doing so, she confirmed she was ready -and could show us she indeed was -

That is probably why she looked much more alert on Monday when we took her in than she did Sunday evening -

It was her sign to us -

One she was able to deliver to me with kisses whilst I held her -

I'm still keeping my eyes ears heart open for more -

I might just see THAT one on Monday when I have the chance to spend time with a Brittany Mom and her two 2wk old puppies -

They are travelling from Kingsport TN to Roanoke VA on Sunday; Monday finds them able to snag a ride to Harrisburg and should arrive about 11am - and they have a foster home in Lititz - but that foster mom can't get them until after 5/6pm - she'll come get them after work -

So, we get to spend some time with Brandy (only a year or two old herself) and her pups Perri and Winkle! The vet has no idea at all what the dad(s) is/are - of course, since they are so young, we won't be playing and romping but they will represent new

LIFE -

4 comments:

  1. It's really amazing how our dogs can communciate to us that they are ready to go. I find it a hard realization, but one that shows true love for our animals. I'm so glad you have Kyhra to snuggle and these pups and their mom sound delightful and a much needed distraction.

    xo martine

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really have a special connection with animals - dat's a mighty gift!!

    Happy Holidays to you and Khyra!

    Maxx's mommy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really has been a tough few months. It's time for those babies to show a new generation of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never knew you had another blog...I just saw it on your profile page...I've spent the past 30 minutes reading...
    I don't know much about wine, (although I live within 3 miles of 4 vineyards/wineries).
    I'm a tequila girl, but I enjoyed learning more about "you!"
    As I've said before, you are a special lady with your transports, but now I see you are a special lady on so many levels.
    ~Kit

    ReplyDelete