Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Boss Is 60!

Happy 60th Birthday Bruce!

I'll admit, I didn't 'get' him back in 1975 when this cover graced Time's October 27th issue. I'm not sure why but I think part of it was due to my more 'pop' music interest.
Over the years, I found his music more appealing but I really have S to thank for putting lots of Bruce tunes in my head - as well as on/in my music library.
I did have to laugh as I found this article on the web as I put this post together. There is an ad for a Courteney Cox show on this fall on ABC. I can't think of Bruce's 'Dancing in the Dark' song without picturing him pulling the 'fan' from the audience. Hard to believe it is the same woman!
I'm not sure I have a favourite Bruce song - before I started on this post I looked through my music library - jotted down some - then remembered a few more - and tried to choose some
Of course, no Siberian owner could ever overlook including this one Born To Run
Here is the link to his official website for anyone wanting to see more Bruce!
Thanks for the memories that go along with hearing your songs!
I'm sorry I wasn't a fan from the start but better later than not at all!
Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. always been a bruce fan. thunder road, a favorite. others: 10th avenue freeze out. if for no other reason, a dude named "scooter" is in the lyrics (my hubby's navy nickname)... more favorites: badlands, downbound train, promised land and my hometown. i also like cadalliac ranch. i confess i don't listen much to his latest stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and backstreets...anoher favorite...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite Boss song is Glory Days. Love it.

    ReplyDelete