Monday, September 7, 2009

Quite Touched

A few weeks ago, I received a surprise box for THAT day...Khyra's Gotcha Day and my birthday!


I didn't recognise the return address but once I opened I realised who the senderS were!

It included this VERY tasty wine - Blackberry Bliss! I enjoyed it very much this past Saturday night! It is from Amore' Vineyards in Bath/Nazareth PA. Dee indicated this was one of her favourites and I can see why! The blackberry flavour was a very nice touch.
THAT town happens to be the area where a special pal of Khyra's lives - and the gift box included some of those yummy chocolate pups for ME! Mine weren't on sticks but that was okay!
Biloxi's Maw Dee and I share a common birthday - although not the same date! It was quite a surprise and as my title indicates, I was quite touched! Of course, Khyra wrote and told Biloxi his maw shouldn't have. He explained that she had also shared the date with a special uncle but he passed away. Now we have another one to share the day with! I had been joking with Lee on Facebook that her 8/19 due date would result in her little boy arriving on 8/26! She left a note on my wall that I called that one!
Khyra was happy too for she got something to enjoy whilst I consumed the wine!
Pennsylvania has many wineries - not many people expect that! I know I'll be making a trip to one of my local favourites so I can return the favour to Dee!
I do want to make a trip to THIS ONE sometime this fall. The setting in what was known as 'The Round Barn' has to be pretty impressive. A friend of mine has been there and says it quite a nice setting. Their wine offerings have quite a few I'd like to try. It is less than an hour or so drive from here and the drive is quite scenic and FUN!
Tonight's beverage is one I've shared before - again, quite nice! I have some of a later vintage to fill out my 'cellar'
This marks Week 2 of NOT having to hear the radio at 5am - this one will feel a bit 'different' in that it will be the first in almost five years that I've had more than a week off!
I managed to avoid venturing out to The Real World on Monday but I think I'll have to do it on Tuesday!
Please wish me luck!
Here is some music for this post: Staind It's Been A While and Slaid Cleaves Just Give Me One Good Year and then one from his latest release - the song is called Cry and one of the lines lends itself to the release's title: Everything You Have Will Be Taken Away
Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. How are you coping with all this time on your hands? Is there anything I can do?

    ReplyDelete