Since I should have an early morning transport this Sunday, I decided to make Thursday into a Friday night. The above is what I enjoyed Thursday evening - although mine was THIS oneI had ordered four of each of the wines listed on the wineaccess.com link - both very nice and quite good values.
Speaking of good values...

This is as close as I get to shoe excitement! I'm a comfy shoe person who is happy in these or clogs.
For my birthday, Mom gave me some money. I hadn't really had anything special in mind until I received a recent sales flyer from my favourite online shoe spot located in a state far far away from me! I've been a customer of theirs for years. I decided it was an omen of what to spend some of the $$ on - being the colour that is a favourite of Mom's (guess I got that from her). I ordered them on Tuesday - got the shipping tracking linkie that said delivery for Tuesday 9/15 sooo imagine my surprise when the brown truck showed up today!
I'm trying to figure what shall be in the glass later tonight - not sure yet - but I'll be sure to share it at some point!
I guess I really should get that shower...and attempt to formulate a plan for the rest of the day.
What day is it anyway?
Oh wait, we've established it IS Friday...actually Friday 9/11. For various reasons, Khyra and I didn't choose to blog about it. I did post a link to THIS SONG on my Facebook.
At one point, I had heard Mark Knopfler interviewed about this song. He said it was inspired in part by the events of 9/11 - as many realised their doom was close.
I mean, what would you say if you knew that last call or last meeting you were having with someone WAS goodbye?
Well, enough for now...
I will raise my first glass tonight to all that day has taught us and shown us.
Cheers!
Hmmm, Lawrence, KS - we could have done that for you too:)
ReplyDeleteI raised my bottle too but i must admit that it is a nice 2009 italian organic blood orange soda :-)
ReplyDelete