...before Life so rudely interrupted?
I had this one last Friday night...it was a salute to my Australian friends AND my friends that swear by Shiraz! It was one S had told me about - and not a bad choice at all. Since Sunday morning required a 5am wake up so I could hit the road for Martinsburg WV for a four husky passenger transport, Saturday night was a non-wine night.
Then Monday night saw this one in my glass. A few years back, PA bought out all the stock remaining...and priced the once $24.99 wine at $9.99....I encountered it at one of the shops and tried it. I was very impressed. By the time it was all said and gone, I purchased a total of 2-1/2 cases - with my last buy being an entire case. I would not have paid $24.99 for it BUT at $9.99, it was a steal! I hadn't pulled one from my 'cellar' for some months so I thought toasting to my last day of employment for the time being was well deserved. It was still a very nice wine!
Tuesday night I decided this one would be a good way to celebrate the first day of September. I actually had gotten a half case of this from my wineaccessmonthly.com site. Tuesday's weather was a worthy complement to the wine. 
Which brings me to tonight's vin - another one I had access to via the wine club. I hadn't decide on what to have this evening - I had pondered a few Cabs along with something local I have. Nothing really jumped out at me until I was pulling off some of the links for the post and saw a link about the latest offering of this 420 selling out in three days on wineaccess.com - I had one here in the kitchen so the decision was made.
I think that gets me up to date on what I've had. I do hope to get better about posting in a more timely fashion. The past weeks have been a blur to me. Since being told about the lay off and then trying to train those that would be taking on the duties I performed routinely, there just never seemed to be enough hours in the day. Even when I got home, I was drained emotionally. It caused me to get in a deep hole of Khyra friend blogs - which had been partially started by the Sunday transport and the number of blogs I hadn't gotten to when I went to bed Sunday evening. At one point, there were 300+ in the Google Reader despite the progress I thought I was making. I'll admit I did have quite the feeling of accomplishment when I FINALLY reduced the blogs to ZERO! I seriously did read all that we hadn't - and commented on many of them. Khyra is such a popular girrrl and can't let her fans down!
I was very touched by the comments and support about the nature of the lay off. I was also quite moved by the support of quite a few of my co-workers. Some of you probably saw the balloons, stromboli, and cake I was surprised with last Friday thanks to two of the women I work with on a daily basis. Most of it was to celebrate my 50th yet I think some was to cheer me up over the job 'thing' Since they work with me day in and day out, they see my dedication to the cause and feel I'll honestly be missed and asked to return 'soon' - they've even started a little tongue-in-cheek pool about when I'll be back.
I so hope so for I so enjoy my job. My boss has constantly tried to calm my fears by telling me "you're coming back" or writing in my birthday card "P.S. Quit worrying: You'll be back" Hell, on the day I had the balloons tied to my chair, the owner stopped in to tell me he was sorry about the decision but when things improved I would have the opportunity to be back for they were very happy with my performance.
So, I have to trust...I have to learn to relax and enjoy this time with Khyra...and enjoy this time with ME. I have 'things' I should do could do want to do! I want Khyra and me to go visit Laska and meet Sam! The weather has been great this week so we've gotten out for walks twice a day. I've gotten to have some quality time with a friend. I treated myself to my complimentary birthday burger at Ruby Tuesdays (turkey/avocado/havarti/bacon) and whilst waiting for it, I had a nice Saranac Pale Ale
I've stayed up late. I've gotten up when I felt like it. I would love to get 'west' and take the opportunity to meet those I talk to and/or write to on a daily basis. For now, I need to wait and see how long this is going to last so I can attempt to keep my expenses under control.
All these things are good for me since I've always been one to work...the last time I didn't work (short of the handful of weeks off I've had this year) was between December 8th, 2004 and August 1st, 2005. Prior to that, I was only getting warmed up at 50 hours a week! It is what I do.
It is hard to say how all of this makes me feel. I probably lived the majority of my life afraid and/or unable to say how I really feel. Thankfully, for almost the last five years, I've been able to be a little better at expressing much of what is inside of me. Sometimes the actual spoken word fails me BUT I can write it. Khyra's blog has been a help...THIS blog has been a help...writing to all of you has been a help.
I've babbled enough for now!
Let's throw some music out there to make up for my words - how about Alison Krauss. I think I'll try to make this blog for sharing some music. I' had thought about bringing it back to Khyra's but for now, I'll keep it here. I know this one will bring many of you down but this song is just haunting. I have such memories of singing along to it as I worked some quiet shifts at The Gulag. As my Gulag days ended, S introduced me to artists I never knew where out there - and I discovered Uncle Tupelo - and this song - some words in the song will be part of my life for as long as I am breathing:
Not forever, just for now.
Cheers!
I probably have some hotel points that I could donate to a good cause to break up the drive. :-)
ReplyDeleteV
I think it would be great for you to get out there and meet some of our wonderful ladies! Get away from the routine of life and have some fun.
ReplyDeleteDid my comment stay?
ReplyDeleteI wanted to say what you feel- you say so well
tweedles mom