Thursday, July 9, 2009

Assorted Mid-Week Consumption

Well, I have most of the week off...so I've celebrated by drinking down some of my whites...

Monday night was this very pleasant Late Harvest Gewurztraminer... (page down to find it within the writeup). I adore Gewurtz...it is probably amongst my top three whites...and at the right time and with the right winemaker, late harvest wines are quite good!
For the price, it was a very enjoyable wine. I checked PA's site and couldn't find any more (not surprised given the vintage) but they do have some other Robertson products from which to choose.
Tuesday night's wine was this one...

Another decent product for the price...here is the link for it...
I first tried Washington Hills wines after my friend Shelli in Georgia mentioned she had some...PA had them available so I tried them.

I took a break Wednesday night...ALMOST poured some Amaretto and orange juice but gave my liver a break!
I was back at it Thursday night. I popped in two bottles Thursday afternoon...I wasn't sure if the one might still be drinkable...I had it for a few years and I wasn't sure how well it would keep but it did!
I can't locate a label picture for it and I'm too lazy to take a picture...but here is the link to the winery
The wine was a 2003 Paso Robles Muscat Canelli. I first had Muscat Canelli when my dad was doing a good bit of travelling the Pacific NW for business. He went to Chateau Ste Michelle in what was probably the mid to late 70's. He brought back a few bottles of their Muscat Canelli - which at the time had a purchase limit due to the production.
Even though my wine palate has changed - as 'they' always say it will - I still am enjoying this wine for a summer night! It would be a good picnic wine - it isn't complicated and that is not a problem at all!

So, that is MY story!
What's yours?
Cheers!
Phyll
P.S. Hmmm, gin?

No comments:

Post a Comment