Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Wordy Wednesday

Changed View

She used to greet
Each day with a smile
In all that she did
As she went the extra mile

She gave them all
The benefit of the doubt
But then they
All pushed her out

It used to all be half full to her
But now it's pushing empty
She's had view changed
And she's been changed as well

She's tried to hang in there
Lucky for her she'd found someone that cared
Without him around
She might have just left this town

There are times that have been rough
But it all went to making her tough
Her pride has been bruised
Her spirit stomped upon

It used to all be half full to her
But now it's pushing empty
Her life has been turned upside down
And her view of the world forever changed

She's tried to recover
And get some of herself back
She'll often get close but
Then will come another attack

So she's back to questioning
All she's done
Where she's been
And where she's going

Where will she end up
And what will she have to do
To try and keep the fire alive to
Make her want to try for just one more day

It used to all be half full to her
But now it's pushing empty
Something has to stop the drain
Before it takes her down
To the point of no recovery

She tries to think that it can happen
That she can have her life changed back
But time is working against her
As her resolve continues to crack

It used to all be half full
But now it's pushing empty
She spends her time with the daily cry
And now her glass is just about dry

May 29/30, 2005
PadH

More from the archives. It reads a bit rough - and I certainly mixed poetic styles BUT it was one that captured what being voted off The Island after four days short of twenty six years meant to me and did to my life and my approach to 'things'.

It was chosen in part because more of my friends from The Gulag have suffered the same fate in the past few weeks.

Loyalty? What the fuck is that?


Some of those cut loose deserved it - and made me feel some joy for some of them helped get me voted off. But some were hard working folks that cared despite and inspite of the changes made to their roles within The Gulag in the past five years or so.

I can only hope the ones that deserve 'it' the most get 'it' someday - just when they think they are 'safe'.


As I was looking through some of the other stuff 'there', I'm not sure how much I'll have to share (I made a rhyme)...some of it is just too rawly personal.

Maybe that will be the impetus to write again? I did try to work out some of the one I'm 'feeling' as Khyra and I had our first walk on Tuesday. We are on a streak of two PM walks: one before dinner and one shortly after. I know both of us are enjoying it.

I've also been enjoying some mid-week adult beverages. I'll include them in a post later this week!

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. well, I am trying valiantly to read between the lines here, but still am puzzled - mind you it is only 6.28 am so perhaps my brain is not in gear yet.

    The Gulag, the island, voting off, I think I know what you are getting at, but not quite?

    Puzzling it out though perhaps is part of the enjoyment......I guess?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I'm reading your poem correctly, then I can totally relate to loss of loyalty even though I've always been loyal. UGH!

    martine

    ReplyDelete