Saturday, May 9, 2009

Another Saturday Night...

Here is what is in the glass tonight...Cavalchina Bardolino It is the last one on the page.
It was the red in last month's PA Wine Club shipment. At $16.99 'here', I would drink this one again.
Each month's shipment comes with a copy of 'The Wine Connection' newsletter. It includes a write up of the theme/etc along with some notes about the winery, the region, the grapes, etc. It also includes some recipe cards for the wines chosen for the month.
It explains this winery's Bandolino is a blend of three local Veneto grapes: Corvina, Rondinella, and Molinara.
I'm very happy PA chose this one so I had the opportunity to add it to my wine memories!

I just finished listening to the Christene LeDoux CD again.
Now it is time for Jonatha Brooke's The Works. It is a wonderful collection of Woodie Guthrie songs and/or writings. The first song that was released from this was 'There's More True Lovers Than One" It is one of THOSE songs that I'll never tire of no matter how many times I hear it. When I do hear it (and if I'm alone in my office), the speakers get cranked and I sing-a-long. I am one of THOSE kinds!

I suggest you give her a listen as well as read about the significance of 'The Works"

Happy Mother's and Mum's Day To All!

Cheers!

Phyll

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice drop. Happy mother's day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Phyll, I always appreciate a new name/music to begin to appreciate, being the music lover I am. thank you for pointing me in the right direction with these names which are new to me. I will give them a try out.

    I am a sing a long person as well btw!

    The wine sounded interesting too. You are getting some good selections from PA Wine Club it seems.

    off to check out the music now! Letty ;0D

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for commenting on the writing room, i appreciate your contributions. i have created an award for the best commenter of the week so keep up the good work and you never know what'll happen!

    maya xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry, i thought Pooh was a cute picture for the award :P
    congrats on your award and i am thinking of setting up a weekly competition with two categories - stories and poetry. writers will be able to submit their best work and then i will judge the winner at the end of the week. sound good???

    ReplyDelete