Friday, May 15, 2009

Friday Into Saturday

Well, I'm being lazy tonight - no flashie beast to capture the bottle and label. I can't find a website for the winery but I did find this about the Wess Cellars Riesling Terrassen 2006 I'm drinking. It is on page four of the pdf. The wine is okay - I'm letting the latter part of the bottle come to room temperature in hopes it makes me find more to like and/or say about the wine. There isn't anything wrong or offputting about it - I'm just not finding anything worth the $20.99 it would be to purchase again. It was part of my April PA Wine Club Selection.



Here is what I've just started listening to The Heart of the Matter - basically because a recent friend addition on myspace read one of my last blog entries on my profile there

Whilst pulling up the video for The Heart of the Matter, I found another song that I've belted out many many many times...Wasted Time

I've switched over to listening to my new Steve Earle CDs - he release a tribute to Townes Van Zandt this past Tuesday. Here is the link to that Steve's website. It is a very very good release. I burned a copy for a friend and gave it to him on Thursday. When we had a chance to talk about it on Friday he echoed my opinion. He added it was too bad that Steve doesn't have Townes's voice. I was also touched by the last line on the liner notes: I LOVE ALLISON MOORER EARLE

Prior to Khyra, THE BLOG, and THE BLOGS, I spent many weekend nights chatting with myspace pals via a few wine and food groups. BUT that ran its course with me...it is rare I even get to myspace. When I do, it is usually to add a friend , find an artist, or check on my 'friend's' page. I've actually pondered ridding myself of the non-musical friends I've collected but I've decided just to let them be.

It has been a pretty good week here - hope the same holds true for those of you reading this!

Cheers,
Phyll
P.S. Since today was the 15th, here's to 55 months of new found sanity!

1 comment:

  1. 55 months eh? Time flies when you're having fun. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete