Sunday, May 24, 2009

Bittersweet Celebration

I'm starting this post as the midnight hour approaches for I need to link to a post on Khyra's blog.
Tonight is/was a bittersweet celebration. Once tomorrow is here, it will mark a year since a special canine soul was freed and sent across The Rainbow Bridge as her parents gave her the gift of peace despite knowing the cost that peace would extract from their hearts and lives.
All day (actually all week) they have been in my thoughts. Khyra wanted to post something for Tasha but she wasn't sure what to say that would capture how the past year has transpired.
Sometimes from great loss comes a great gain. In our case, I would like to think the gain has been a special friend. Without getting too leaky here, I have to say I can't quite remember life before Tasha's (and Eva's and Bricie's) Momma. It just happened that one day she was there!
Tonight's wine is for Vic and Doug - for what was, what is, and what will be!
Here it is - another of my wineaccess.com club offerings. I will admit it taught me a new word! I had to look up GARRIGUE - one of the words used to describe traits from the wine.
I've been passing the evening by listening to what my media player had to offer. I did start the evening by listening to one of my Blaze Foley releases. I have MP on shuffle now...here are the last ten artists I've gotten to hear: Dido, Townes Van Zandt, Robin Trower, Jules Shear, Tom Petty, Shelby Lynne, David Gray, Bee Gees, Jay Farrar, and Jimi Hendrix. I think that is a fair representation of the diversity of my musical collection!
I guess I'll wrap this one up now. Given that Monday is a holiday so I don't have work (and no 5am radio on), perhaps I'll have a post. I'll have to see how it feels!
Please raise a glass of something to Tasha and her family in Minnesota (damn, it is difficult not to spell it in Khyraese).
Cheers,
Phyll

4 comments:

  1. Khyraese? Is that what you call it?
    Haha!
    It's very clever, anyhoo.

    thanks for commenting on the writing room, can't wait to see what masterpiece you send in next :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEE GEES!!! Really!?! I just don't know if we can be friends if you have that. If you tell me that you have Yanni, I know that we're done. ;-)

    Seriously, it's been a tough year. Thank you for being there. You're always welcome to come to MinneSNOWta to experience The Boy in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for commenring on my poem!

    it's my first real crack at poetry. I usually just write stories but...everyone else was sending poems and I thought, why not?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glass was raised. Internet was off, but belatedly rose the glass anyhow.

    I lurve your music selection, I am kinda eclectic too (if that is the right way to spell it.........."perhaps crazy in my music tastes" I love most stuff, the oldies, the goodies, the new stuff even. Dido, well she has grown on me, I learn every day to find new sources of music pleasure.

    Kinda getting into classical stuff too, thanks to the BBC Radio 3 - another story for another time.

    I am just so happy to have made your acquaintence plus the fact you like big glasses and music too and even the Bee Gees..........I love them too!

    Jeannie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete