Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wordy Wednesday

The Wait
October 2004

Trying to find the way
To take what I want to say

Put all the words right in the row
To convey what I need to show

How a spot somewhere in my soul
Where hurt had burned a hole

Has now begun to heal
For you've made me feel

It's okay to grow--even though I thought I was too old
It's okay to know-even though I thought I knew enough
It's okay to try--even if it looks too hard
Because for you...it's been worth the wait

My life had become too hard
Always seemed to be holding the losing card

The pain had become intense
Always on the wrong side of the fence

The hurt I kept inside
And felt compelled to hide

For I couldn't find the one to care
Someone to always be there
No matter how my heart tried
It always came up broken inside

No one could see the hurt
For I build an edge of curt

To keep them away from me
And prevent any more misery

But you've seen the me
Buried behind the front of 'I'm just fine'

But you've touched the me
That didn't think could touch back

But you've cracked the tough shell of me
And for that I'm so thankful

Because of you-it's all been worth the wait
Because of you-I hope it's not too late
And I'll get to find it has been worth the wait

But now the wait is a different kind
And I'm afraid I'll lose my mind
Until we can get together
And join as one

For you've made me feel

It's okay to grow--even though I thought I was too old
It's okay to know-even though I thought I knew enough
It's okay to try--even if it looks too hard

It's all been worth the wait
And for us, it won't be too late

Call it Kismet
Call it Fate
I have found one true Soulmate
Ah yes, it's been worth the wait

WOW...that is probably the oldest one I've written/saved since my life changed in many ways. Some have asked if these writings are based upon true life. Hmmmm, yes. Some are embellished a touch and some might have been written when I was emotionally overcharged.

As for writing new stuff, I don't feel 'it' right now - and I guess that is a good thing for most of my stuff was born out less than happy times. My happy stuff is communicated via Khyra. She seems pretty in tune with being able to paw what her mom feels.

Until next week's Wordy Wednesday,

Phyll

1 comment: