Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wordy Wednesday

Facade

I'm doing okay
At least that's what I'll say
When they ask me how I am
But it is really a fib
As I curl in my crib
And try to escape from it all

I've built myself a fine facade
To hide the fears inside
Pretending to be getting on with life
Acting like I am so damned tough
But it is just not true
Since I've left the 'life' I knew before you
 
I've built on a front
And no one sees thru
And no one sees thru
But you

Can't find the words
To express how scared I am
Not knowing what to do
Fearing my life is just a sham
But I'll say I'm feeling fine
Yet I know I'm just marking time

I do what I can
To get thru each day
I do what I need to
And figure out what to say
To convince the rest
That I've passed the test

I've built up a front
And no one can see thru
And no one can see thru
But you

To say I'm kinda scared
Is so far from what I really feel
Maybe petrified is more like it
As I attempt to stay on an even keel
Each day I wonder how I'll do it
Even cry that I will make it through it

I'm hiding behind the front
The barrier no one can see thru
No one can see the pain that's there
That is, no one but you...at least I hope it's you...

01/26/2006
PadH

Another one from the past...
Still nothing new screaming to get out yet...

3 comments:

  1. mommy says its so beautiful and touching..

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey no worries..........best to let it all out.

    You write real good.

    I have no more words, tired out tonight for one reason and another..........but called in to see your wordy weds.

    Jeannie xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Old, new, it doesn't matter. All good.

    ReplyDelete