Another one from the collection. It has been quite interesting looking back at them. This one did get a small edit as I added the word 'just' and it made me smile.
Salvaging Our Souls
Monday morning and the call didn't come
I began to cry as I feared we were done
I waited a bit and tried to call
Hoping to find the sense in it all
Something was wrong that much I knew
As I thought how to make it through
You wouldn't talk as I heard your voice
Suddenly I had no choice
I began to get my heart ready
Trying to keep the beating steady
It might be time to put it back
Cover it over with some shellac
Knowing you would have to talk
Even if you started to balk
You thought I knew what had gone down
I suddenly felt like a clown
Terminal you said
Which made the pain shoot through my head
Let me gather together my words
Yet finished seemed to be all I heard
We met to talk about it all
And how she had heard my call
You couldn't keep us going on
Despite our love that was so strong
We were done you had to say
It just blew my world away
I fought for you with all my might
Longing to hold you tight
I said I think you are wrong
Together someday is where we belong
We had touched each other so much
Memories in my mind I began to clutch
I said I think we can salvage our soul
The fragments we had made into a whole
The us that we had become
Was not yet ready to be done
We can do it I have no doubt
Too much love to just pitch out
Love like this is meant to be
We can't fight our destiny
Let's give it time and let it play out
We'll survive I have no doubt
Too much has passed for us to just
Toss it out with just one thrust
Days passed and we began to see
We were still not just a you or a me
It hasn't been easy on me or you
But it seems we've made it through
From the heap of fears and pain
Our efforts won't be in vain
What we have will survive
Our love is meant to stay alive
We've salvaged our soul from the heap
And kept us from making a leap
Off a cliff to a hole below
Where lost love is doomed to go
Trust me love you won't regret
The day it was that we first met
When we knew from the start
That our two broken souls would eventually become one heart
April 23, 2005
padh
Cheers!
Phyll
What I want to know is, are these based on personal experience?
ReplyDeletesorry I have been missing it all, computer issues and such, just stuck an axe through the bloody thing and it works now.
ReplyDeleteI will catch up with it all tomorrow, so much to read, so little time.
Yes, I agree with Tracey, is this based on personal experience? Nosey Jeannie xxxxxxxxxxx