Saturday, May 30, 2009

Saturday...

Or is it really late Friday night?
Whatever it is, here is what is in the glass...
Another very nice selection from my wineaccess.com club.
I would drink it again but I don't feel compelled to re-order it at THAT price.

SO, music time!

I've touched on the Steve Earle - Townes Van Zandt Tribute. I had it on pre-order and got it a few days after it was released. Damn it is good! I burned copies of the two discs for my friend S that introduced to me to TVZ and REALLY made me appreciate Steve Earle for being more than Copperhead Road.


RAKE
townes van zandt
Proofread and authorized by jeanene van zandt

I used to wake and run with the moon
I lived like a rake and a young man
I covered my lovers with flowers and wounds
My laughter the devil would frighten
The sun she would come and beat me back down
But every cruel day had it’s nightfall
I’d welcome the stars with wine and guitars
Full of fire and forgetful

My body was sharp the dark air clean
And outrage my joyful companion
Whisperin’ women how sweet did they seem
Kneelin’ for me to command them
And time was like water but I was the sea
I’d have never noticed it passin’
Except for the turnin’ of night into day
And the turnin’ of day into cursin’

You look at me now, and don’t think I don’t know
What all your eyes are a sayin’
Does he want us to believe these ravings and lies
They’re just tricks that his brains been a playin’?
A lover of women he can’t hardly stand
He trembles he’s bent and he’s broken
I’ve fallen it’s true but I say unto you
Hold your tongues until after I’ve spoken
I was takin’ my pride in the pleasures
I’d known I laughed and thought I’d be forgiven
But my laughter turned ’round eyes blazing and
Said my friend, we’re holdin’ a wedding
I buried my face but it spoke once again
The night to the day we’re a bindin’
And now the dark air is like fire on my skin
And even the moonlight is blinding

S finally got a chance to REALLY listen to the cds on Thursday - in the period of 45 minutes, I think I got five emails from him about them...along with the link to RAKE on youtube.

I watched the video when I got home. On Friday, I listened to the cds at the office...when Rake came on, I pulled up S's email with the words and listened...WOW!

Again, if anyone would like to hear more of this release, please let me know...I'd be glad to send some tunes your way!

I'm doing a transport later today! I can't wait to see him...his pics look so sweet!

What do you have planned?

Cheers!

Phyll

1 comment:

  1. Planned? Nothing. Boring housewife laundry and grocery shopping.

    Good on you for doing all these transports.

    ReplyDelete